Sunday, 18 January 2015

A full day in New Caanan

Day 2 - Saturday What a beautiful house.  It has been so good to see Tara Jessie and grandma Donna. And of course there wonderful dog Winston. The day started early again. T then had a swim in the gorgeous pool overlooking the Connecticut countryside. Tara then took me to a bootcamp class - all very American. Lots of "whoops" and "work harder" shouts and cheers. Not British ! But a great class and a reminder of a, how fit Tara is and b, how much I miss her when I am not with her. T and I then walked Winston with Tara after cofee. It is somewhat strange and abit sad to see all the dogs being walked only on leads rounds park on a path rather than running free but the dogs seem happy and of course Winston has a fantastic garden. 

The it was time for lunch out with Tara and two if her friends. I ask " what shall I wear?"  Being the brilliant friend that she is she replied "anything will do - casual is fine". So off we go to the most fantastic restaurant for lunch beautiful views, beautiful people, gorgeous food. And it turns out Tara's friends are two of the most stylish young women I have ever met and frequently in the New York style pages. It was a lovely lunch. 

At home the attention turned to the two dogs playing and looking at clothes websites and discussions of the latest designers. T and I felt a little out of our depth but it was great fun. At one point I thought a dress looked rather nice and quite tempting, then I realised I had missed a digit and it was well out of of my price range. 

Supper all together in a fantastic "South of the boarder " style restaurant. Then bed. A wonderful relaxing second day. 

Oh, and winston can now do a "down" and a jump on command.  

It's meant to be raining all day tomorrow so we are shopping in New Cannan and Grenwich and then NYC Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment